Track and Field
The NSMSG event for Track & Field will consist of scheduled heats for participants in proper age categories as outlined in the NSMSG Technical Package. The event will take place at the Eskasoni Elementary Middle School Field.
Wednesday, August 22, 2018: 9:00am – 9:00pm
Thursday, August 23, 2018: 9:00am – 9:00pm
Eskasoni Elementary and Middle School Field
4675 Shore Rd, Eskasoni, NS
|Youth||Ages 5-6 (born 2012, 2013)
Ages 7-8 (born 2010, 2011)
Ages 9-10 (born 2008, 2009)
Ages 11-12 (born 2006, 2007)
|Bantam||Ages 13-15 (born 2003, 2004, 2005)|
|Midget||Ages 16-18 (born 2000, 2001, 2002)|
|Senior||Ages 19-34 (born 1984-1999)|
Number of Athletes
Each Community may enter eight (8) male and eight (8) female athletes for each age category. For each age category, each contingent has a maximum of 3 athletes per individual event.
Number of Coaches
Each team should base their coaching of youth athletes on a ratio of 1 coach to 5 youth athletes. All coaches should have a coaching background with youth. All teams are recommended to have gender based coaching (ie: Female teams, female coaches and male teams, male coaches or a combination of both).
The most recent International Amateur Athletics Federation (IAAF) Competition Rules Book will apply. Unless otherwise stated in this package.
Events are either heats and finals, or just finals dependent on the number of entries. This format will be followed to compete in open divisions. The Event Coordinator may adjust the below events depending on registration. Please check with the coordinator for updates prior to the games.
NOTE: To accommodate the number of participants, athletes may move up to compete in a higher age class relay team, but they may not compete in the same relay event in two different age categories.
All officials will be designated and approved by the Host Community.
Field of Play/Equipment Requirements
- Competitors must wear their numbers on the front and back of their vests, except in the high jump events, where they may wear one number, either on the front or the back.
- In the track events, athletes also must wear hip numbers affixed to both sides of their shorts.
- During the medal ceremonies, athletes must wear their team colors and shoes without spikes.
- All equipment used in the 2018 NSMSG shall comply with IAAF Rules.
- Throwers may submit their own implements for certification and use in the events equipment pool as long as the implements comply with the IAAF Rules.
- For Senior shot put, the weight shall be 4kg.
Qualifying Heights and Distance for Field Events:
The qualifying heights and distances will be determined at the Technical Meeting.
Track and Field Coordinator