The NSMSG Princess Pageant competition consists of female participants within the bantam and midget age groups that have full status cards and have been identified for competition by the Mi’kmaq First Nations in Nova Scotia.
Tuesday, August 21, 2018: 8:00pm – 12:00am – Opening Night
Wednesday, August 22, 2018: 8:00pm – 12:00am – Crowning of the Queen
Noel R. Denny Memorial Pow Wow Grounds
|Bantam||Ages 13-15 (born 2003, 2004, 2005)|
|Midget||Ages 16-18 (born 2000, 2001, 2002)|
Number of Athletes
Each community may enter a maximum of two (2) female participants.
Number of Coaches
It is recommended that each community have at least one (1) coach/chaperone.
- Contestants must be between the ages of 15-19 years of age.
- Contestants must be young girls of aboriginal descent.
- Contestants must be attending school with good effort and good attendance.
- Contestants must have knowledge of their cultural values.
- Contestants must be available the week of the NSMSG, involvement in NSMSG sport activities will be considered.
- Contestants must present themselves with dignity and be presentable at all times.
- When Miss NSMSG is requested to attend a function and is unable to attend the first runner up is to attend in her place and the 2nd runner up will be approached if the 1st runner up is unable to attend.
The competition format will be determined by the number of entries.
All officials will be designated and approved by the Host Community.
Field of Play/Equipment Requirements
- Completed registration form
- Proof of age/ancestry (Indian Status Card Required)
- Regalia and/or formal wear
Contestants will be judged on the following: Personality, Intellect, Poise, Talent, Ability to communicate with people, Community and charity interests, Public speaking, Interview, Stage presence, Dedication and commitment, Biography, Sincerity, Honesty, Sense of Humour, Morals and ethics, Manners, Promptness, Questions, etc.
The Winner will receive:
- Crown & Sash
- Bouquet of flowers
- Miscellaneous gifts from sponsors
At the end of the competition, the successful contestant will be crowned Miss Nova Scotia Mi’kmaw Summer Games Queen for a one (1) year term.
Princess Pageant Coordinator