The NSMSG volleyball competition consists of male and female teams in the age categories listed in the NSMSG Technical Package. The event will be located at the Eskasoni Elementary Middle School Gym.
Wednesday, August 22, 2018: 9:00am – 9:00pm
Thursday, August 23, 2018: 9:00am – 9:00pm
Eskasoni Elementary and Middle School Gym
4675 Shore Rd, Eskasoni, NS
|Bantam||Ages 13-15 (born 2003, 2004, 2005)|
|Midget||Ages 16-18 (born 2000, 2001, 2002)|
|Senior||Ages 19-34 (born 1984-1999)|
|Master||Ages 35-54 (born 1964-1983)|
|Grand Master||Ages 55+ (born 1901-1963)|
Number of Athletes
Each Community may enter a maximum of 2 teams per division, per age category, per male and female.
Teams must consist of a minimum of six (6) players. No more than 30 teams will be registered for the entire event.
Number of Coaches
It is recommended that each community accredit one (1) coach.
The most recent version of the Federation Internationale de volleyball (FIVB) Official Rule Book will apply. Unless otherwise stated in this package.
The competition format will be determined by the number of entries per age category. The host society will make every effort to maximize the number of games each team receives. Each team will play a minimum three games.
All officials will be designated and approved by the Host Community. The match officials must have a Level two (2) Regional Badge or higher. It is recommended that all other officials (lines-persons, scorekeepers) have current Level one (1) Local Badge.
Field of Play/Equipment Requirements
All equipment shall comply with FIVB rules.
All teams must have numbers on shirts. Uniforms are preferred.
- Rally point scoring will be implemented
- A team wins a set (game) by scoring 25 points via rally scoring and with a minimum lead of two (2) points. In the case of a 24-24 tie, play is continued until a two (2)-point lead is achieved.
- A match in the Round Robin will consist of three (3) sets per match. The team wins a match by winning two (2) of the three (3) sets. A set is played to 25 points with a minimum lead of two (2) points.
- A match in the Playoff rounds (quarter/semi/finals) will be best of three (3) sets. The team wins a match by winning two (2) sets of three.
- In case of a 1-1 tie, the deciding set is played to 25 points with a minimum lead of two (2) points, no cap via rally point scoring.
- Tie breaking rule.
- There will be a 5-minute warm-up time allocated on the competition court prior to game time. Tie breaking rules will be in accordance with FIVB Sports Regulations:
Teams Ranking System During the competition
- RANKING BY MATCHES WON AND LOST
The ranking of teams is determined by the results of matches on the basis of matches won and lost.
- POINTS AWARDED PER MATCH TO EACH TEAM
The following points will be awarded per match to each team:
- Matches Won 1 point
- Matches Lost 0 points
- Matches Forfeited 0 points
- IN THE CASE OF A TIE:
Set quotient – In the case of equality in the number of points gained by two or several teams, they will be classified in descending order by the quotient resulting from the division of the number of all sets won by the number of all sets lost.Points quotient – If the tie persists as per the set quotient the teams will be classified in descending order by the quotient resulting from the division of all points scored by the total of points lost during all sets.If the tie continues as per the point’s quotient between two teams, the priority will be given to the team, which won the last match between them. When the tie in points quotient is between three or more teams, a new classification of these teams in the terms of (b) and (c) will be made taking into consideration only the matches in which they were opposed to each other.